What is Alateen?
Alateen is a place where members come together to:
- share experiences, strength, and hope with each other to find effective ways to cope with problems.
- discuss difficulties and encourage one another
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program through the use of the Twelve Steps and Alateen’s Twelve Traditions
Alateen is not a place:
- For teenagers seeking help for drinking or drug problems or a therapy program
- to complain about parents or anyone else.
- A social hangout.
Is Alateen for you? Take the quiz below to help you find out.
Check out the many resources available along with shares from Alateen members here.
And don’t forget to check out the Alateen Chat where you can chat live with other teens in any of the scheduled meetings! Young people aged 13 to 18 who have been affected by someone else’s drinking are invited to share experience, strength and hope with other teens.
Contact the current Area 51 Alateen Coordinator at email@example.com